EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL LICENSES
- Self-employed, since 1971
- 1972 to present, Mediator, Factfinder, Arbitrator (Interest & Grievance)
- Dean Empire School of Law, 1990-1997
- Partner Law Firm of Henderson, Stark & De Martini, 1978 - 1983
- Since 1997, full time ADR practice
- Selected as a neutral in 32 U.S. States including Alaska & Hawaii, as well as Okinawa, Japan & Seoul, Korea
- Mediated in 8 states.
MEDIATION & ADR TRAINING
- MA - Conflict Resolution, 2001, McGregor School, Antioch University
- JD - 1968, Lincoln University, San Francisco, California
- BA - 1960, CA State University, Sacramento, California
- Admitted California Bar (1971)
TYPE OF CASES MEDIATED TO SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION
- AAA Labor Arbitrator II, San Francisco, CA., June 2003
- Advanced Mediation Training, National Academy Of Arbitrators, San Antonio, TX
- Bill Lincoln's, Collaborative Negotiations, Richmond, CA
- Key Bridge Foundation, Mediating ADA Complaints, St. Louis, MO
- The Alliance, Mediation of Statutory Employment Disputes, (EEOC, ADA, Harassment) WA. D.C.
- McGregor School, Antioch University, Conflict Resolution, Masters program, Yellow Springs, OH
- Mediation Training, Center for Dispute Resolution, Willamette School of Law
- JAMS/ENDISPUTE programs, Mediating the Litigated Case, Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, & Mediating Complex Cases, S.F.,
- EEO claims U.S. Forestry Service & its employees, Mediations held in San Francisco, CA, & College Station, TX.
- Wrongful termination allegation - terminated for filing false Workers Compensation claim.
- City employee terminated -- sexual harassment & threatening his supervisor -- he claimed wrongful termination.
- Sexual harassment, & constructive termination of private club employee.
- Collective bargaining issues: wages, benefits, work schedule, release time and related issues - this mediation was a statutory requirement in the State of Alaska, prior to Interest Arbitration of the unsolved issues.
- Labor contract issues: wages, benefits, release time of Sheriff Deputies, in Nevada.
- Mediated, ADA access and disability accommodation complaints against businesses, through Key Bridge Foundation's contract with U.S. Department of Justice.
- Numerous real estate matters: purchase & sale agreements, property line disputes, access, and maint. of roads.
- Construction/building matters: faulty construction, failure to construct according to plans, failure to meet time requirements, quality of material used (materials variation).
- Scenic easement, trimming/removal of trees obstructing neighbors view of SF Bay (5 parties).
- Dismissal of shareholder Engineer from Professional Corporation.
- National Academy of Arbitrators (1978)
- American Bar Association (1973)
- California Bar Association
- Sonoma County Bar Association (1973)
- Conflict Resolution Association (formerly SPIDR)
- Society of Federal Labor Relations Professionals
- American Arbitration Association (1973)
- National Employment Law Mediators.
- Listed in 1987, The Best Lawyers in America
Designated as one of the top 1% of the Attorneys in the U.S.
REFERENCES & COMPENSATION RATES PROVIDED UPON REQUEST