I have been a practicing attorney since 1971
and arbitrated my first labor-management case in 1972. I received my B.A. in Public Administration
in 1960 from California State University, Sacramento, and then my J.D. from
Lincoln University, San Francisco, in 1968. In 2001, I received my Masters Degree in
Conflict Resolution from McGregor School, Antioch University, Yellow Springs
Ohio. I have had extensive arbitration experience in both the public and private sectors as well as civil litigation.
Served as the Dean of the
Empire College School of Law in Santa Rosa from 1990 through September, 1997
where I also taught classes on Alternative Dispute Resolution and conducted
seminars on arbitration, mediation and torts. In addition, I have created and
participated in a variety of labor training programs.
Dispute Resolution Board Foundation - Resolution of conflicts on Construction Sites.
AAA Labor Arbitrator II Workshop - July 2003. Mr. Henderson has received his
Masters Degree in Conflict Resolution from McGregor School, Antioch University in 2001.
In September, 2000, he completed a 5 day, 40 hour of program on "Employment Law Mediator Training." The program subjects
included, Americans With Disabilities (ADA); Affirmative Action (EEOC); Age,
Racial, Sex Discrimination; Sexual and Workplace Harassment; OSHA;
Benefits/Pensions and Wrongful Termination. The training was sponsored by
the American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section and the
National Academy of Arbitrators. Cornell University, Alliance for Education
in Dispute Resolution presented the program, at The Bolger Center in
- American Arbitration Association
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Las Vegas Resort Owners/Culinary Unions
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- National Mediation Board
- U.S. Postal Service - 6 Years
- National Rural Letter Carriers Association - Western States
- United Postal Workers State Boards: CA, OR, WA, MT, AK & NV
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- California State Bar Association
- Association of Conflict Resolution
- National Academy of Arbitrators (www.naarb.org) (Since 1978)
- Society of Federal Labor Relations Professionals
- Conflict Resolution Association
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation. (www.drb.org)
In November, 1996 I closed my law office to specialize in providing services
exclusively in the practice of conflict resolution, arbitration, mediation and factfinding.
My law practice consisted primarily of labor and employment matters, business
litigation and plaintiff's personal injury.
In 1987, I was honored to be recognized as one of the top 1% of attorneys in the U.S.
(Naifeh, Steven and Smith, Gregory, The Best Lawyers in
America, 1987, (Woodward & White: New York)